Figs are Sweet Natural Energy, but Suitable for your Bones!
The dried figs triple the calories of the fresh ones but also increase their contents of potassium, fiber and magnesium, so they are recommended in case of anemia or physical weakness. It is possible that you are one of those people who avoid consuming figs because they get fat. Or maybe because they are too sweet and impaling. Now, did you know that this seasonal fruit actually hides many more benefits than we think and, moreover, is a food highly recommended by nutritionists? Did you hear, for example, that figs are very suitable for treating osteoporosis? We give you all the information in the following article. Surely you will be surprised!
A Very Nutritious Food
This juicy and delicately sweet fruit welcomes us in the middle of summer and early autumn. Some people make delicious desserts and great jams with figs. They’re delicious! From the Nutrition Area of the Spanish Society of Endocrinology and Nutrition (SEEN), they explain that the consumption of these fruits is highly recommended. The reasons? All these:
- They contain a high amount of water, between 70 and 80% approximately. A small part corresponds to carbohydrates and 12% specifically to sucrose, fructose and glucose.
- As for vitamins and minerals, it should be noted that they are very rich in all these nutrients:
- Vitamin E
- Group B vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- In addition, they are very rich in fiber.
A Laxative and Diuretic Remedy
It is worth starting the morning including two or three figs in our breakfast, accompanied by a natural white yogurt.
“Thanks to its small seeds and their essential components, they facilitate intestinal transit and favor a proper evacuation”.
Its healing action is also known, so if you have any inflammation in the intestine or even in the stomach, they will act as a mild sedative capable of relieving small infections.
The Caloric Index of Figs
We know that this aspect is what worries us the most. Will we fatten if we consume them? Obviously the key is in the balance. Nothing happens if during the time of the figs you consume between 3 and 4 daily.
- However, if you follow a diet or are diabetic, you should consider that this fruit has about 65 Kcal per 100g.
- According to endocrinologists, dry figs increase their caloric content more than three times compared to fresh ones.
- In this case, 100 grams of dried would have about 272 Kcal. Take note!
- Now, it is also true that the dry variety of this fruit provides more potassium (850 mg per 100 grams of dried fig), fiber and magnesium.
- When drying, its essential properties are enhanced, but with them also increase its sugar level.
- Therefore, in cases of convalescence, physical weakness or even anemia, it will be highly recommended to include dry figs in our diet.
Treatment of Osteoporosis
This information is sure to interest you: figs are one of the richest fruits in calcium and folic acid, very beneficial to strengthen our bones and prevent decalcification. As you already know, we are the ones who have the most problems with this mineral. Whether due to genetic factors, incorrect eating habits or hormonal changes associated with menopause, it is common for us to always have a calcium deficit. Now, you should know the following:
- Natural figs: when containing more water, the calcium level is not as high as in its dry form.
- Dried figs: as we have indicated before, they have a higher caloric index, but on the other side of the scale is the fact that they are richer in folic acid, calcium and magnesium.
- What can we do then? Consume the dried variety regularly but in fair amounts. Hence, we provide you with this simple recipe for you to benefit from them during this time.
Liquefied Figs to Treat Osteoporosis
- 4 dried or normal figs (at your choice )
- A glass of oat drinks (200 ml). If you do not suffer from lactose intolerance, you can include a glass of semi-skimmed milk.
- Half natural white yogurt without sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g) (optional)
How can I Prepare it?
- In the recipe we have suggested the possibility of liquefying both dried figs and ripe figs. With the latter the liquefied will be less sweet and will be more homogeneous. With the dried ones you will have more calcium but the liquid will not be so liquid, and the fruit will be more chopped than dissolved. No osbtante, the benefits are greater.
- The preparation is simple; just take all the ingredients to the blender to obtain a drink as homogeneous as possible.
You can take it twice a week at your breakfast. It is very nutritious, as well as caloric. However, its benefits when covering our calcium needs are very interesting, since it is a very natural liquefied with beneficial foods. It is worth trying. You dare?
how many figs to eat in a day, figs benefits and side effects, benefits of figs soaked in water overnight, how to eat dried figs, benefits of figs for men, figs nutrition, figs benefits for sperm, how many figs to eat in a day for constipation, nth online, nhtonline, nhtonline.com
#howmanyfigstoeatinaday #figsbenefitsandsideeffects #benefitsoffigssoakedinwaterovernight #howtoeatdriedfigs #benefitsoffigsformen #figsnutrition #figsbenefitsforsperm #howmanyfigstoeatinadayforconstipation #nthonline #nhtonline #nhtonlinecom